Friday, February 10, 2012

Cool Technology of the Week

I recently did an interview about distracted doctoring for National Public Radio.  Typically, when I speak on Morning Edition or All Things Considered, I travel to our local  NPR affiliate (WBUR) and use their high fidelity dedicated ISDN lines in a soundproof booth.  

This time, I used my iPhone 4S.

How does it work?   I used a free application called Report IT Live which NPR has selected to capture interviews in the field via the high fidelity microphones built into the iPhone and a high digital sampling rate.

When the interview was complete, I uploaded the file securely to NPR servers.

Here's an overview of how it works in the field.

High fidelity radio interview recording on your iPhone with all the sound quality of a studio.  That's cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now if I listen, I now have one more thing to consider

Ravi Kumar said...

this is innovation at work!