Friday, January 13, 2012

Cool Technology of the Week

I have an iPhone 4S and to conserve power, I've turned off WiFi, location services, and Bluetooth.

Nonetheless, with my volume of email, I cannot get more than 12 hours of use from an iPhone.   I charge it overnight, use it during the day, then begin recharging it as soon as I get home.

QYG has a solution - a thin iPhone 4S protective case that contains a lightweight flat battery which doubles battery life.

Several of my staff members use these and note that the mini-USB port can be used with a standard USB cable to charge the battery.

A lightweight, protective case that doubles the battery life of an iPhone - that's cool.

9 comments:

ZephyrProcess said...

Mophie offers a similar product (“juice pack air”), and in my individual experience, exceptional customer service as well.

MetsFanVI said...

I'd be curious how much these cost. I couldn't find anything on the site. I have a Mophie Juice Pack Plus for my iPhone 4S and it works great. The only caveat I have about these kinds of solutions are they cover the 30-pin dock connector. If you have dock you plug the phone into to play music, you must remove the case first.

Adrian O'Connor said...

That is cool. If they did one for the Samsung Galaxy I would definitely get one. I get about 12 hours out of mine.

B.G. Lewandowski said...

Looks fabulous... is it available anywhere in the States?

Brian Lewandowski
BIDMC Web Producer

B.G. Lewandowski said...

Is it available stateside?

Brian

J.P. said...

Good morning. I love these posts on Fridays. Where did they buy these? Your linking goes to Hong Kong and I know you're in Boston.

Anonymous said...

Amazon.com or ebay has them...

Anonymous said...

I ordered the FC13 modelon ebay yesterday. It was about $50 with shipping from Shanghai

Jason Glass said...

It’s been my understanding (and experience) that using Wifi instead of cellular data offers significant power savings. The best power management you can do is to turn off 3G while you are at work and in range of Wifi. That way you still get your phone calls on the much lower power 2G radio, and can use the much faster Wifi for data use.