Friday, December 9, 2011

Cool Technology of the Week

In late November, I switched from a Blackberry to an iPhone 4S.  Every day I experiment with  iPhone technologies that can empower healthcare workflow, enhance security, and improve productivity.  

Along the way, I've found Siri and the iPhone 4S voice recognition to be very accurate and I dictate many of my emails.   Of course there are occasional embarrassing autocorrection mistakes that are beautifully illustrated on http://DamnYouAutoCorrect.com.

I've found the camera quality to be amazing and I've retired all my other still photo and video technologies.  I was recently at a Japanese cultural event with my daughter and the master of ceremonies asked for iPhone 4S users to film the dance performance, knowing that the optical quality would far exceed other digital cameras.    The only thing that's missing is an adjustable lens.

Now there is a cool detachable lens set for the iPhone that enables users  to rotate among three different lenses - fisheye, telephoto and wide-angle.   That's cool!  Is it any wonder that Kodak is in trouble?

Another iPhone observation - a fall 3 feet onto concrete is not good for the glass screen (happened to me  when I dropped the phone during a wind storm this morning).   Thanks so much to Adam and Sydney at the Chestnut Hill Apple Store Genius Bar for their amazing replacement and reactivation of my iPhone 4S this evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The olloclip is a lot cheaper and more compact. I have never used. http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/14/olloclip-three-in-one-lens-for-iphone-4-review/