Thursday, May 27, 2010
The Leiter Lecture
Yesterday after the HIT Standards Committee meeting, I had the honor of delivering the 2010 Leiter Lecture at the National Library of Medicine.
My topic was the grand challenges and proposed solutions as we implement healthcare information technology in support of meaningful use with a special focus on the role of Medical Librarians and Informaticians that provide knowledge services.
Here are my slides.
My grand challenges included
1. Managing Consent for data exchange
2. Engaging Patients and resolving the National Healthcare Identifier issue
3. Accelerating use of Standards, especially vocabularies
4. Aggregating Data for population health, registries, and research
5. Providing Decision Support
Here's the streaming video.
Posted by John Halamka at 3:00 AM